The “Thumbs Up” logo on our website assures you that United Way of Trumbull County is ethically and financially compliant as demonstrated by achieving all NINE CORE REQUIREMENTS of United Way Worldwide.

 

1. We are recognized to be exempt from taxation under Section 501(c)3 of the IRS Code.

 

2. We complied with all applicable legal, local, state and federal operating and reporting requirements and are

    registered to conduct charitable solicitations at the state and local level.

 

3. We have an active, responsible and voluntary governing board of directors to ensure effective governance over

    our policies, bylaws, financial resources and fund distribution decisions.  At least two board members have

    financial experience and review UWTC’s financial statements on a quarterly basis and engage in an external

    audit every three years. 

 

4. We have developed and adopted a statement to ensure volunteers and staff broadly reflect the diversity of the

    community we serve.

 

5. We represent ourselves as a United Way in accordance with all UWW trademark standards and requirements,

    including those contained in the licensing agreement.

 

6. We make a membership investment to UWW, which is 1% of our campaign proceeds.  The other 99% stays in

    Trumbull County! (UWW member benefits include products and services to enhance our work locally and

    collectively as a network.) 

 

7. We adhere to our locally developed and adopted code of ethics for volunteers and staff.  Our staff and board

    review and sign a conflict of interest and code of ethics statement on an annual basis.

 

8. We have been given an unqualified “CLEAN” audit.  Both audit and year-end financial statements are prepared

    by an independent certified public accountant whose examination complies with accepted auditing standards

    and accounting principles. 

 

9. We submit a business performance self-assessment of our community impact work, financial management,

    organizational governance and decision-making to United Way Worldwide every three years.

 

It is critical that our DONORS and VOLUNTEERS are confident in their investment in United Way of Trumbull County. We are proud of our BIG “thumbs up!” 

Sign up to receive updates on how United Way is working to strengthen your community & to learn how you can help.  SIGN UP TODAY!

Follow us:

  • Facebook - Grey Circle
  • Twitter - Grey Circle
  • Instagram - Grey Circle
  • Blogger - Grey Circle

© 2017 United Way of Trumbull County.  All Rights Reserved.